How to import a Shapefile (*.shp) into Oasis montaj or Target and retain the fill and line attributes set in ArcMap
|Product:||Oasis montaj, Target|
|Last modified date:||2011-06-21|
I would like to import a Shapefile (*.shp) into Oasis montaj or Target and retain the fill and line attributes set in ArcMap.
- In ArcMap > File menu > Document Properties > Data Source Options.
- Activate both Store relative path names to data sources and Make relative paths the default for new map documents I create > OK > OK.
- In ArcMap save the Shapefile (with the associated graphical information) by right-clicking the Shapefile in the Table of Contents > Save as Layer File.
- Import the Layer file into Oasis montaj/Target through Map menu > Import > ArcGIS LYR File.
- An ArcGIS license is required for the resolution steps.
- Shapefiles do not contain graphical information such as line colours, fill colours or patterns. Shapefiles contain only the coordinates of the points or line vertices and, optionally, the related non-graphical attribute information. Graphical information such as line colours, fill colours or patterns are stored in a Layer file (*.lyr) which can be associated with Shapefile in ArcMap.
- It is not possible in Oasis montaj or Target to change the symbology of an imported Shapefile based on information in its attribute table. However, the symbology can be changed manually for individual or all objects in the group by entering Edit mode in the View/Group Manager Tool.