Oasis montaj Viewer 8.1November 13, 2013
The Oasis montaj Viewer enables you to view, share and print published Geosoft grid and database files.
- The Oasis montaj Viewer is free, easy-to-use software that allows anyone to view, share and print published Geosoft grid (.grd) and database (.gdb) files.
- The viewer can also be used to convert grids and images to a variety of supported data formats, including AutoCAD, ArcVIew, ER Mapper, TIF and many more.
- The Oasis montaj Viewer is designed to enable anyone within your organization or within the geoscience community to access high-quality maps created using Oasis montaj, Geosoft Target or Target for ArcGIS, and to freely share earth science results and ideas.
- View Geosoft Database Files (.gdb), Geosoft XYZ files, Geosoft Binary Files, ASEG GDF and other data files
- View data profiles from *.GDB files
- Create profile maps and print them out
- View Geosoft Map and PLT files, and Autocad DXF files
- View Geosoft, ER Mapper, USGS grid files as well as a variety of PC image and grid formats (Tiff, BMP, ArcView, GeoTiff) and others
- Convert grids and images to a variety of supported formats
- Export data in GDB to XYZ, GBN, ASEG-GDF, USGS ODDF, USGS POST, Comma Separated Value (CSV) and other files.
- Export maps to a variety of image formats
- Print maps to windows compatible printers, plotters.
Interface Tutorial and Data Files
If you are new to the Geosoft Oasis montaj environment, we suggest that you download the Oasis montaj Interface Tutorial and data files. The tutorial will give you an understanding of the Geosoft environment as well as the data and maps that you can access, convert and share via the Interface.
How to update the Oasis montaj viewer:
The instructions below explain how to update the Oasis montaj Viewer to the latest version. If you are unable to update through your software, you can download the Oasis montaj Viewer from the link at the top of this page.
- Close the Oasis montaj Viewer.
- Click on the Windows Start menu > All Programs > Geosoft > Oasis montaj Viewer > Check for Updates.
- The software will indicate if an update is available. Click the Update button to install the update.
- Repeat the steps above until you are updated to the latest version. If there are no updates available, then you're running the latest version.