About this release
Oasis montaj 8.1 UXO Update 1 is a scheduled software upgrade available to all maintained UXO Marine customers. This release includes many new features throughout the workflow to enhance the process of working with multi-sensor magnetic and gradiometry data.
In addition to processing transverse gradiometer (TVG) data, you can now work with vertical and longitudinal gradient data such as the Seaquest system, as well as gradiometer array data. Additional target-picking and management tools allow you to automatically select targets from gridded data, and manually edit target lists. This release also includes significant upgrades to the Navigation Correction and Background Removal tools, making them more comprehensive and easier to use. Pitch and roll corrections can now be applied to all sensors in a single pass.
These and more changes are described in the Capabilities section below.
To install this update, you'll need a license for Oasis montaj 8.1 and the UX-Analyze Advanced extension. If you don't have one, contact us and we can help you get set up. The system requirements are the same as for Oasis montaj 8.1
Installing the software
To install this update, you'll need to have Oasis montaj 8.1 installed and then download the resource file from the link at the top of this page. Here's how:
- Click the download button at the top of this page to download the software update resource file.
- Unzip the zip file and save the resource update file (*.geosoft_resource_pack) to the same folder location.
- On the Help menu in Oasis montaj 8.1, click Updates, then click Apply Resource Update.
- In the Manual Resource Update dialog, click the browse button to locate and select the resource updates file (*.geosoft_resource_pack).
- Click Update. If there are no new resources to be updated, a Nothing to Update window informs you the resource pack has no new resources for you (this will happen if it has been previously installed or does not apply to your version). If there are new resources to be updated, the system automatically updates them. When the update is complete, the Update Complete window informs you that the update was successful. Click OK.
- Restart Oasis montaj for the changes to take effect.
For technical support options, please visit the Support Centre. All users may access the forums and other resources available within the Support Community. In particular, we recommend that you join the UXOnet e-mail list, if you are working in the UXO industry. It provides occasional updates on new releases, training opportunities and other information.
Enhancements and maintenance fixes
|IS136341||Changed the default backup channel name in the navigation correction tool to make it easier to use. (UCENAVCORR.GX)|
|IS136339||Changed the navigation correction tool so that it now remembers and loads the previous entry. (UCENAVCORR.GX)|
|IS136340||Changed the navigation correction tool so that it does not automatically zoom out to the full map.(UCENAVCORR.GX)|
|IS130249||Added new support for calculating the actual AS/total gradient (rather than the Quasi-AS) using the 3 measured gradients from Marine Magnetics SeaQuest system.|
|IS130242||UXO target-picking from database profiles now starts numbering targets from 1, not zero.|
|IS126944||Added four new inputs to the dialog in the navigation correction tool, enabling you to define the line thickness and symbol size. (UCENAVCORR.GX)|