About this Release
This update introduces UXO Marine, a new extension for Oasis montaj that enables you to work with and manage the rapidly expanding volume of site investigation surveys aimed at detecting unexploded ordnance (UXO), buried utilities, and other seabed contamination. A dedicated workflow along with specialized new tools enable you to process and visualize magnetic data in order to detect and analyze targets for effective marine site investigation surveys.
You can use UXO Marine to work with individual and multi-sensor arrays, as well as Transverse Gradient (TVG) data, to rapidly and reliably convert high volumes of magnetic data into accurate target detection, mapping and analysis. UXO Marine can provide quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) both onboard and after a survey is complete.
Data can be processed in profile form for wide line spacings (often the case in TVG surveys), or in 2D grids for surveys with dense data coverage. Geophysical correction tools identify and remove noise in data from background geology or instrument-inherent sources.
Using Transverse Gradient (TVG) and other magnetic data, the UXO Marine extension provides unique capabilities for locating and analyzing the subsurface position of potential UXO targets. The magnetic anomalies for selected targets are modelled to estimate the target locations and depths. Apparent size and weight calculations help to further characterize UXO targets informed decisions.
Use UXO Marine to:
- Ensure data quality through instrument tests and other QA/QC processes
- Automatically position all sensors in multi-sensor arrays
- Drape survey lines to constant “altitude” above sea floor
- Enhance data with filtering and residuals for noise and background removal
- Pick targets automatically from profiles using new Quasi-Analytic Signal and from gridded data with standard analytic signal
- Interactively add and delete targets in profile or map views
- Automatically analyse targets by modelling data locations, depths, and ferrous weights.
- Produce specialized reports and maps.
To install this update, you'll need a license for the UXO Marine extension and Oasis montaj 8.0. If you don't have one, contact us and we can help you get set up. The system requirements are the same as for Oasis montaj 8.0.
Installing the software
To install this software update and access UXO Marine, you'll need to check for updates in Oasis montaj:
- On the Help menu in Oasis montaj 8.0, click Updates, then click Check for Software Updates.
- A list of the available updates is displayed. Click the Install button to begin installing.
- You may need to restart Oasis montaj for the changes to take effect.
If you are unable to update through Oasis montaj, you can download the software update resource file on this page and install it manually:
- Click the download button at the top of this page to download the software update resource file.
- Unzip the zip file and save the resource update file (*.geosoft_resource_pack) to the same folder location.
- On the Help menu in Oasis montaj 8.0, click Updates, then click Apply Resource Update.
- In the Manual Resource Update dialog, click the browse button to locate and select the resource updates file (*.geosoft_resource_pack).
- Click Update. If there are no new resources to be updated, a Nothing to Update window informs you the resource pack has no new resources for you (this will happen if it has been previously installed or does not apply to your version). If there are new resources to be updated, the system automatically updates them. When the update is complete, the Update Complete window informs you that the update was successful. Click OK.
- Restart Oasis montaj for the changes to take effect.
For technical support options, please visit the Support Centre. All users may access the forums and other resources available within the Support Community. In particular, we recommend that you join the UXOnet e-mail list, if you are working in the UXO industry. It provides occasional updates on new releases, training opportunities and other information.