About this release
This is the first of a two-part release focused on advancements in the UX-Analyze Advanced extension, which is currently undergoing rapid development to make it easier and more efficient to use. These releases introduce new functionality, new tools, and a simplified workflow to UX-Analyze.
In this release, major changes include:
- A sensor-coil numbering change (to start at 1 instead of 0), required to match the renumbering of coils in the MetalMapper data acquisition software.
- An updated ID channel format, to encompass a variety of target database information in a single ID.
- New channel names, to reduce some confusion around target channel naming.
- New polarization plots (multisource and clustering options), for additional target analysis.
- Enhancements to data maps and interactive image viewer.
- Advanced target classification was enhanced and renamed to Perform Library Match
- First steps at handling dynamic sensor data (import, leveling, and locating).
The next release will be distributed through the automatic updates in Oasis montaj. In that release we will introduce a new workflow with simplified work menus, upgraded QC reviews, and standardized decision maps.
To install this update, you'll need a license for Oasis montaj 8.0.1 and the UX-Analyze Advanced extension. If you don't have one, contact us and we can help you get set up. The system requirements are the same as for Oasis montaj 8.0.1
Installing the software
To install this update, you'll need to have Oasis montaj 8.0.1 installed and then download the resource file from the link at the top of this page. Here's how:
- Click the download button at the top of this page to download the software update resource file.
- Unzip the zip file and save the resource update file (*.geosoft_resource_pack) to the same folder location.
- On the Help menu in Oasis montaj 8.0.1, click Updates, then click Apply Resource Update.
- In the Manual Resource Update dialog, click the browse button to locate and select the resource updates file (*.geosoft_resource_pack).
- Click Update. If there are no new resources to be updated, a Nothing to Update window informs you the resource pack has no new resources for you (this will happen if it has been previously installed or does not apply to your version). If there are new resources to be updated, the system automatically updates them. When the update is complete, the Update Complete window informs you that the update was successful. Click OK.
- Restart Oasis montaj for the changes to take effect.
- After installation is complete, copy these two files, uxa.config and UxaSensorTable2.xml, from “C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\Oasis montaj\resourcefiles\etc” to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Geosoft\Oasis montaj\user\etc”
For technical support options, please visit the Support Centre. All users may access the forums and other resources available within the Support Community. In particular, we recommend that you join the UXOnet e-mail list, if you are working in the UXO industry. It provides occasional updates on new releases, training opportunities and other information.