No Cost Add-Ons
Download Geosoft viewers, plug-ins and development tools.
Learn more about Geosoft development partners and partner solutions.
montaj Extension Gravity and Terrain Correction
The Gravity and Terrain Correction extension is a complete system for processing and reducing gravity data from conventional surveys. Apply terrain corrections from digital elevation models or gridded elevation data .
The montaj Gravity and Terrain Correction software extension provides a complete system for processing and reducing gravity data from conventional ground surveys.
Apply terrain corrections from digital elevation models (DEMs) or gridded elevation data. With the streamlined menu system, perform all the standard gravity processing steps quickly and easily. In addition, the uniquely optimized terrain reduction algorithm delivers accurate corrections quickly, even for very large data sets.
Geosoft’s terrain correction algorithm combines methods described by Kane†; and Nagy† with advanced grid-mesh interpolation, zoning and de-sampling technique.
Use montaj Gravity and Terrain Correction to:
- Correct base station data.
- Manipulate calibration data.
- Merge X and Y location data with survey data.
- Apply drift and atmospheric tide corrections.
- Compute free air and Bouguer anomaly values, and computing terrain corrections.
- Gravity processing and reduction functions.
- Access data manipulation utilities.
- Process data in UTM coordinates and many other cartographic projections.
- Reduce data from local grid surveys, and regional longitude, latitude based surveys.
- Handle Base Station loop and Calibration surveys.
- Create statistical reports to evaluate repeat readings.
- Apply water and ice corrections to the Bouguer anomaly.
- Apply Terrain correction able to Regional and residual DEM grids of any size.
- Export for modelling.
Find technical references, and technology papers in the Resource Centre.
New in release 7.1
|The Scintrex CG-5 Gravity Meter dump file import was modified to include the Standard Deviation (SD) column, used to assess the data quality from all stations.|
Rio Tinto Exploration