Digitizing and Wireframing
Geosoft Seeker 8.0
Geosoft Seeker is faster and more responsive, featuring a new simplified interface for searching and downloading data
Take a quick tour of Oasis montaj. View Video
Oasis montaj Videos
This video provides an overview of the new features in Geosoft's 8.5 software release, and includes a software demonstration that shows how you can use these features to improve your workflow in the software. Watch to find out how to get your Geosoft ID and gain access all the Geosoft customer support resources to search for help topics and use the guided learning paths to improve your knowledge of the software.
This video contains features and workflows that apply to Oasis montaj 8.5 and extensions, Target 8.5, and Target for ArcGIS 4.5.
Learn how you can use the Geosoft channel math and voxel math tools to automate tasks and apply formulas when working with database channels and voxels.
In the Geosoft database, you can use Channel math functions for:
- Access to data on offset rows.
- Additional string operators, such as concatenating two string channels.
- Statistical information on partial or complete data channels.
- A random number generator.
- Access to elements of an array channel.
The voxel math tool now supports open and closed surface operations and includes the ability to:
- Intersect open and closed surfaces.
- Identify voxel cells within a specified distance from an open or closed surface.
- Identify the voxel cells on one side of an open surface.
- Identify voxel cells located inside (or outside) of a closed surface.
- You can use these functions to build voxel models from your geology models and attribute geological properties and values to them.
The digitizing tools in Oasis montaj and Target enable you to combine your expert knowledge with real data to draw accurate geological interpretations on section maps. An intuitive wireframing workflow makes it easy to build 3D subsurface geological models by joining 2D interpretation sections to create 3D wireframe bodies. Share your interpretations as geostring files and wireframing results as geosurface files.
The workflows shown in this video are for Oasis montaj and Target 8.0, for the latest updates in wireframing, see what's new in the latest release.