PotentQ provides rapid semi-automatic modelling of a single magnetic and/or gravity anomaly. A specially formulated inversion scheme generally requires no user intervention.
The PotentQ extension provides rapid semi-automatic modelling of a single magnetic and/or gravity anomaly.
PotentQ is a simplified and streamlined version of Potent, the Geophysical Software Solutions (GSS)’s mainstream potential field modelling tool. The model consists of a single body chosen from one of seven possible geometries.
Speed is achieved through close integration with Geosoft Oasis montaj. A highly streamlined modelling interface builds on the simplicity arising from the single anomaly/single body configuration. A specially formulated inversion scheme generally requires no user intervention.
Use PotentQ to:
- Rapidly model a well-defined anomaly, either on a profile or a map, using a single body.
- Model up to three gravity and magnetic components (simple or gradient) simultaneously.
- Select from a broad range of body types including: rectangular prism; ellipsoid; sphere; polygonal prism (2D or finite length); cylinder (possibly with sloping end); slab (2D or finite length); dyke (2D or finite length).
- Identify an anomaly in Oasis montaj, model it (including a depth and dip determination) and post the result back to an Oasis montaj map in less than a minute.
- Work with multi-component down-hole data.
- Include remanent magnetisation and anisotropic susceptibility.
- Streamline your workflow by integrating your modelling with Oasis montaj.
PotentQ Modelling was developed by the Geophysical Software Solutions (GSS). It is licensed and distributed by Geosoft as an Oasis montaj plus third party extension.