MAGMAP Geophysical Filtering
The MAGMAP Geophysical Filtering extension utilizes a 2D-FFT filter library to allow the application of common Fourier domain filters to gridded data, and it provides a range of spatial and FFT filters for working with large-volume geophysical profile data.
MAGMAP Filtering utilizes a 2D-FFT filter library to allow the application of common Fourier domain filters to gridded data in Oasis montaj. Rapidly process and enhance gridded datasets by applying a wide range of geophysical and mathematical filters.
MAGMAP Filtering provides a 2D-FFT filter library to allow the application of common Fourier domain filters to gridded data in Oasis montaj.
MAGMAP rapidly processes and enhances gridded datasets by applying a wide range of robust geophysical and mathematical filters. The extension lets you define your own filters, modify the filter specific parameters and apply any number of filters together in a single operation.
It includes an Interactive Spectrum Filter that enables you to quickly preview filtered grids. The MAGMAP Interactive Spectrum Filter solution is a dynamic visual tool that provides an interactive slider allowing you to adjust filter parameters and preview the results instantly. With this tool, you can quickly preview how each filter enhances specific features you are considering before applying the filter to your entire grid.
Use MAGMAP to:
- Apply two dimensional Fast Fourier Domain filters (FFT Filters) to gridded data.
- Potential Field Filters.
- Reduction of magnetic data to the magnetic pole or equator.
- First/second/nth vertical derivatives, including fractional derivatives.
- Upward/downward continuations to any horizontal surface.
- Apparent magnetic susceptibility maps from magnetic field.
- Apparent density maps from residual gravity field.
- Optimum Weiner depth filter.
- Conversion between different directional components of the field.
- Apply General Purpose Filters.
- Six different regional/residual separation filters.
- De-corrugation and directional filters.
- First/second/nth horizontal derivatives.
The Geophysics toolset provides a range of filters and statistical tools for working with large volume geophysical data. A variety of geostatistical tools provide the ability for summary and advanced statistics.
The Geophysics toolset provides a range of filters and statistical tools for working with large-volume geophysical data.
Spatial 1D Filters enable field geophysicists to process data by applying a variety of space domain filters (linear and non-linear).
The 1D FFT Filter enables you to apply a variety of Fourier domain filters to one-dimensional (line) potential field and other data.
A variety of geostatistical tools provide the ability for summary and advanced statistics, including histogram, scatter and triplot analysis, and the ability to subset data based on code or map group classification.
Use Geophysics tools to:
- Smooth data, with or without non-linear filtering, using spatial one dimensional filters.
- Apply convolution filters, including Difference, Fraser, Laplace, Low-pass, Band-pass, High-pass, and User-Defined.
- Enhance the shorter wavelength features in the data using one-dimensional Fast Fourier Filters (FFT). These include regional filters, upward/downward continuations and vertical and horizontal derivatives.
- Apply Lag Correction to a channel of data by shifting the start fiducial by a specified lag amount.
- Apply Heading Correction to data for a systematic shift (in the data) that is a function of the direction of travel for a survey line.
- Apply Magnetic base station correction to a magnetic channel.
- Perform profile-based processing for interpretation and modelling purposes.
- Perform multivariate analysis using histogram, scatter and triplot statistical analysis tools Select and subset data interactively from maps based on text codes, regions or map groups.
- Create sections from survey lines that contain bends or curves. Display these curved or crooked sections in 2D or 3D views as either grids or pixel plots.
- Minimize edge effects with the Constrained Linear Prediction (CLP) extrapolation method, added to the 1D-FFT expansion routine, when working with data containing systematic high frequency interference.
- Integrate seismic data in SEG-Y format with Oasis montaj geospatial data. Convert 2D SEG-Y data into bitmaps, Oasis montaj grids or databases and 3D SEG-Y data into 3D Grids or databases.