Gravity & Terrain Correction
The Gravity and Terrain Correction extension is a complete system for processing and reducing gravity data from ground, shipborne and airborne surveys and applying terrain corrections from digital elevation models or gridded elevation data.
The Gravity and Terrain Correction extension is a complete system for processing and reducing gravity data from ground, shipborne and marine surveys.
Apply terrain corrections from digital elevation models (DEMs) or gridded elevation data. With two streamlined menu systems, perform all the standard and moving platform gravity processing steps quickly and easily. In addition, the uniquely optimized terrain reduction algorithm delivers accurate corrections quickly, even for very large data sets.
Geosoft’s terrain correction algorithm combines methods described by Kane†; and Nagy† with advanced grid-mesh interpolation, zoning and de-sampling technique.
Use the Gravity and Terrain Correction extension to:
- Merge X and Y location data with survey data.
- Correct base station data.
- Adjust to still readings.
- Manipulate calibration data.
- Apply navigation, acceleration and Eotvos corrections.
- Apply drift, latitude and atmospheric tide corrections.
- Compute free air and Bouguer anomaly values, and computing terrain corrections.
- Gravity processing and reduction functions.
- Access data manipulation utilities.
- Reduce data from local grid surveys, and regional longitude, latitude based surveys.
- Create statistical reports to evaluate repeat readings.
- Apply water and ice corrections to the Bouguer anomaly.
- Apply Terrain correction able to Regional and residual DEM grids of any size.
- Export for modelling.
Find technical references and publications in the Resource Centre.