When Seismic is not enough: Exploit the Potential of Gravity and Magnetic Data
Fully exploit gravity and magnetic data to improve your exploration success and increase the confidence in your geologic models. Learn how and when to use your magnetic and gravity data to further leverage your seismic data, improving depth models and defining or constraining geometry in challenging areas.
What Will I Learn
- Why use gravity and magnetics for exploration?
- What is a gravity anomaly?
- Gravity application case histories.
- What is a magnetic anomaly?
- How is mag different from gravity?
- Magnetics’ role in exploration.
- Magnetic application case histories.
About the Presenter
Michal Ruder received her A.B. cum laude from Bowdoin College with a joint major in geology and physics. She was awarded a Ph.D. in geophysics from the Pennsylvania State University. Her work experience spans government, academic, and industrial research and exploration laboratories. Wintermoon Geotechnologies, Inc., founded by Ruder in 1996, performs integrated analysis of geophysical and GIS data for exploration purposes. Michal Ruder serves as president and chief geophysicist.
Watch it Now!
The video for this seminar is available for download.