VOXI Earth Modelling Workshop
Part 1 - INTRODUCTION
Tuesday July 30, 2013
08:00 - 16:00
Corner of Auas and Aviation Streets
Join us for a hands-on VOXI Workshop where you'll have the opportunity to follow along with Technical Analyst, Andrew Long. Basic principles of inversion will be explained and demonstrated followed by introduction of VOXI including the use of constraints as well as Magnetization Vector Inversion (MVI) and Iterative Reweighting Inversion (IRI).
Who should attend
- This workshop is intended for Geophysicists.
- Oasis montaj and VOXI Earth Modelling experience is not required but would be beneficial.
- Bring a laptop computer with wifi capabilities
- Oasis montaj 8.0 installed
- Temporary Oasis montaj license can be provided on request.
Register for the VOXI Workshop
Only 10 spaces available. Workshop registration is complimentary. Registration includes a 7-day VOXI subscription
Please RSVP by July 18th 2013 with Nthabi Makama of the Geosoft Africa Office at email@example.com
Presentation 1: Introduction to Inversion with VOXI
Presentation 2: Introduction to Inversion with VOXI
1. Forward Modelling Gravity, magnetic, and gravity gradiometer data.
2. Magnetization Vector Inversion (MVI) explained.
Practical 1: Reinforcing Inversion with VOXI
A suite of datasets will be provided which the participants should invert with VOXI with the intent to discover the target sources.
Practical 2: Reinforcing Inversion with VOXI
1. Gravity gradients forward modelling
2. Gravity gradients inversion
3. Magentic vector inversion
|15:45||Wrap Up: Lessons learned, workshop 2 schedule|
|4:00||End of Workshop|