VOXI Earth Modelling Workshop
Part 2 - ADVANCED
Friday June 7, 2013
08:00 - 16:00
Geosoft Africa Office
Southdowns Office Park
Block A Ground Floor Unit 5
The corner of John Vorster Drive & Karee Street in Irene, Centurion
Join us for a hands-on VOXI workshop where you'll have the opportunity to follow along with Technical Analyst, Andrew Long. Basic principles of inversion will be explained and demonstrated, followed by advanced application of VOXI including the use of constraints, Magnetization Vector Inversion (MVI) and Iterative Reweighting Inversion (IRI).
Who should attend
- This workshop is intended for Geophysicists.
Oasis montaj and VOXI Earth Modelling experience is not required but would be beneficial.
- Bring a laptop computer with wifi capabilities
- Oasis montaj 8.0 installed
- Temporary Oasis montaj license can be provided on request.
Register for the VOXI Workshop
Only 7 spaces available. Workshop registration is complimentary.
Registration includes a 7 day Professional VOXI subscription.
Presentation 1: Advanced Inversion with VOXI
Presentation 2: Advanced Inversion with VOXI
1. Building constraints in VOXI
2. Using drillhole based constriants in VOXI
3. Using weighting to explore the space of equivalent models
4. Combining inversions in VOXI: gravity, magnetics, EM
Practical 1: Reinforcing Inversion with VOXI
A suite of datasets will be provided which the participants should invert with VOXI with the intent to discover the target sources.
Practical 2: Reinforcing Inversion with VOXI
1. Regional magnetic inversion with geology contraints
2. Regional gravity and magnetic inversion with IRI
|15:45||Wrap Up: Lessons learned|
|4:00||End of Workshop|