Focused on advancing earth exploration, since 1986. The Geosoft Story
Web Services Developer
Full Time, Permanent
In 1982, Canadian geoscientists Colin Reeves and Ian MacLeod saw the potential for personal computers to transform the work of geophysics and exploration. From this early vision, Geosoft was established in 1986. More than 30 years later, the company remains focused on the geosciences and exploration – delivering services and technology solutions across desktop, server, and Internet platforms.
For more information on working at Geosoft, please see Life at Geosoft.
Job Title: Web Services Developer
Team: Research and Development
Location: Toronto, Canada
Reports To: Product Manager, Web Services
The Web Services Developer is responsible for fulfilling the vision of cloud-based geoscience data workflows through the development and integration of web services. In this role, you ensure the successful delivery of our web service stack through research projects, prototyping, and customer deliverables. As part of the web services development team, you play an integral part in advancing our connected user experiences and future web services architecture.
100% Web Service Development:
- Work within a team environment to design, develop, code, test, implement, and support Geosoft’s web services.
- Assist with the development of web platform architecture, applying architectural and engineering concepts to ensure that all solutions meet the requirements, for example: scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and operational manageability.
- Perform complex product design activities, which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions.
- Participate in product design meetings.
- Perform bug verification, release testing, and beta support.
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Identify potential areas for improvement in current methodologies.
Other Job Information
This position requires a Web Services Developer at the intermediate to senior level. Travel of up to 10% may be required.
Education and Work Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in another discipline with a significant programming component is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in web services, cloud processing and infrastructure (Amazon or Azure), required.
- Experience working within an Agile product development environment, an asset.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Expert knowledge of C#, C++, ASP.NET Web API, JSON, HTTP, and REST required.
- Excellent knowledge of server-side programming required.
- Experience with concurrency and multi-threaded programming required.
- Experience in Azure, Amazon, or other IAAS/PAAS technologies required.
- Relational database and/or No SQL experience required.
- Experience integrating 3rd party technologies required.
- Flexible, collaborative approach with a positive and professional attitude.
- Critical and creative thinking skills with a strong technical aptitude and a passion for making things better for our customers.
- Demonstrated commitment to leading, mentoring, and encouraging growth in developers and team members.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and APIs.
- Self-motivated and well-organized approach with a strong commitment to quality and an excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Web Services Developer.
Closing date for applications: Friday, June 16, 2017.