Focused on advancing earth exploration, since 1986. The Geosoft Story
Web Developer - Contract
Six Month Minimum
For more information on working at Geosoft, please see Life at Geosoft.
Job Title: Web Developer - Contract
Team: Professional Services
Location: Toronto, Canada
Reports To: Director, Professional Services
100% Software Development:
- Design, develop, test and support web applications and web services within an Agile development environment.
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- Participate in product design meetings.
- Perform bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that client needs are met.
- Use troubleshooting skills to be proactive in identifying new and existing issues.
- Read and retain details regarding Geosoft policies and procedures.
Other Job Information
This is a contract position, minimum six months in duration, with the possibility of extension.
Education and Work Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in another discipline with a significant programming component is required.
- Experience working within an Agile product development environment.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Expert knowledge of C#, ASP.NET Web API, JSON, HTTP, and REST required.
- Excellent knowledge of server-side and client-side programming required.
- Experience working with SQL Server and/or No SQL, required.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle is required.
- Proficiency in Angular or React framework, a definite asset.
- Experience in Azure, Amazon, or other IAAS/PAAS technologies, an asset.
- Earth sciences and/or knowledge and experience using Geosoft software, an asset.
- Critical and creative thinking skills with a strong technical aptitude and a passion for making things better for our customers.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and API.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and well organized approach with a strong commitment to quality and an excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Web Developer - Contract.
Closing date for applications: March 23, 2018.