Focused on advancing earth exploration, since 1986. The Geosoft Story
Technical Support Representative
Full time, Permanent
In 1982, Canadian earth scientists Colin Reeves and Ian MacLeod saw the potential for personal computers to transform the work of geophysics and exploration. From this early vision Geosoft was established in 1986. More than 30 years later, the company remains focused on the geosciences and exploration- delivering earth science services and technology solutions, across desktop, server and Internet platforms.
That founding concept of innovation through collaboration still exists today, and has resulted in a culture where ideas are encouraged, shared and seen to fruition; where our people have the flexibility they need to truly balance work and life, and where employee contributions have a real and lasting impact.
With offices across five continents, and a network of international business partners, Geosoft serves thousands of organizations, including government geological surveys and agencies, educational institutions teaching the earth sciences, land and marine subsurface investigations, and the most successful oil and mineral explorers in the world. Geosoft has been ranked as a Top 150 Technology Company, and one of the Ten Best Workplaces in Canada. We provide a quality work environment that is informal but professional, friendly and supportive. The company is employee-owned and has strong living company principles.
For more information on working at Geosoft, please see Life at Geosoft.
Job Title: Technical Support Representative
Team: Customer Services
Location: Toronto, Canada
Reports To: Corporate Support Manager
As a member of our global Technical Support team, the Technical Support Representative will ensure that all customer and internal support cases for our Applications software suite are handled professionally, efficiently and in a timely manner. Using technical expertise and problem solving skills, the Technical Support Representative will be keenly focused on capturing and creating structured and re-usable knowledge.
- Using Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) best practices, provide accurate and timely corrective measures to clients and regional offices on necessary actions required to achieve resolution, primarily by telephone and email.
- Efficiently prioritize technical support requests based on the issues presented.
- Conduct appropriate diagnostic procedures to determine issues.
- Liaise with other team members to resolve larger issues.
- Follow up and track open support issues to ensure satisfactory resolution and maximize client satisfaction.
- Liaise closely with escalation technical team members to receive solutions to complex cases and to provide feedback regarding unique technical challenges.
- Accurately complete and record all support cases into our Case Management System.
- Capture and accurately log issues in the form of bugs and enhancements in our Issue Management System, ensuring they are linked to the customer.
- Using the principles of KCS (Knowledge Centered Support), contribute to the creation of structured, re-usable knowledge in our knowledge base.
- Continually increase knowledge of Geosoft and associated software and industry trends.
- Read and retain details regarding Geosoft policies and procedures.
Other Job Information
This is a hands-on position that requires a diverse set of technical skills as well as the ability to keep up with ever-changing technology and business needs. Travel of up to 10% may be required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Post secondary education in geology, geophysics, GIS or a related discipline is required.
- Two to four years field experience an asset.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Geosoft or third party products a definite asset.
- Successful completion of HDI's Knowledge Centered Support Fundamentals course an asset.
- Experience with Salesforce.com an asset.
- Proficiency in PC applications is essential, along with demonstrated knowledge/understanding of computer system methods/processes and research tools.
- Highly developed customer service orientation.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written. Second language skills, an asset.
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting and problem solving skills with a focus on quickly identifying and resolving customer issues.
- Keen organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize conflicting demands effectively under tight time constraints.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and collaborative work approaches with internal and external contacts.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Technical Support Representative.
Closing date for applications: March 23, 2018.