Focused on advancing earth exploration, since 1986. The Geosoft Story
Strategic Product Manager
Full Time, Permanent
Job Title: Strategic Product Manager
Team: Product Management
Location: Toronto, Canada
Reports To: VP, Research and Development
You are responsible for driving product strategy across our offerings, customer segments, and platforms by supporting our Product team to create successful products our customers love. You will bring innovative approaches that accelerate our delivery of solutions to geoscience markets and work with global segment teams, customers, and the technology group on everything from product road-mapping to customer advocacy to tactical user experience activities. The role requires geoscience industry relationships, a commitment to understand and communicate the needs of our customers, and firsthand experience in the design and launch of software services and web applications.
- Engage with customers, industry leaders, and a diverse global internal team to intimately understand and continually validate our technology strategies. Ensure that the voice of the customer, target segment requirements, and technical approach solve customer challenges.
- Support our team to bring together requirements into actionable plans, roadmaps, and product creation, with a constant focus on building simple and natural user experiences.
- Develop, refine, and maintain metrics across our portfolio, including customer happiness, profit margin, and performance.
- Drive strategic product meetings to review, refine, and validate our product portfolio. Take ownership of Geosoft’s longer term themes crossing domains and segments by facilitating customer input and validation. This includes building a Strategic Roadmap for Geosoft.
- Provide effective strategic and operational leadership and support to the Product team. This includes instilling customer-focused practices across the team, building positive relationships, and providing mentoring to team members.
- Provide P&L and business expertise to the team. Develop stronger accountability for 4P ownership, including subscription pricing, for current and emerging solutions. This includes establishing iterative pricing strategies and key product performance measures.
- Act as a Geoscience industry authority, maintaining a deep understanding of new technologies, trends, and innovative solutions being implemented across our industry.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Global Business, and Customer Support teams ensuring we are effectively selling, implementing, supporting, and promoting current and future products. This includes enthusiastically communicating product strategy and progress to the company and our customers.
- Collaborate with the VP Marketing and internal teams to analyze potential partner relationships for our products.
Education and Work Experience:
- Post-secondary education in geology, geophysics, or a related geoscience discipline is required.
- Five years’ geoscience industry experience, required.
- Five years’ experience developing technology strategy, defining product requirements, leading teams, and working cross-functionally on technology projects, required.
- Experience working with cloud and SaaS technologies, required.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated success in understanding complex technical projects with the ability to quickly learn about new technologies to help lead their implementation.
- Ability to grasp the essence of multiple new technical concepts and lead our team through assessment and documentation of goals, opportunities, risks, dependencies, and timelines, focusing on these concepts.
- Ability to analyze and document detailed functional requirements to facilitate the creation of technical level-of-effort estimates.
- Possesses a real passion for building well-designed technology that is easy and intuitive to use.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Geosoft or third-party products a definite asset.
- Demonstrated success as a key member of a cross-functional team. Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations at all levels of management.
- Polished quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable performing data analysis and making data-informed decisions.
- Experience in talking to customers with an ability to translate findings into solutions and product innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with extraordinary interpersonal skills. Able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Strategic Product Manager.
Closing date for applications: August 31, 2018