Focused on advancing earth exploration, since 1986. The Geosoft Story
Software Developer, CRG
Full Time, Permanent
Job Title: Software Developer, Customer Response Group
Team: Research and Development
Location: Toronto, Canada
Reports To: Director, Application Development and Customer Response
We put the Customer first! As a Software Developer - CRG, you’ll be joining a talented, responsive and dedicated team whose objective is to provide value to Geosoft customers via timely development solutions that enable their continued business success.
- Design, develop, unit test, implement, and maintain Geosoft’s products.
- Debug, fix and release critical software components running in production.
- Work closely with Technical Product Managers to provide feature improvements.
- Collaborate daily with architects, quality assurance specialists, automation developers, build and support teams throughout the SDLC.
- Work with internal teams to deliver special projects, from idea generation, prototyping, execution and delivery.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to ensure that all solutions meet best practices for quality, scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and operational manageability.
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- Remain up-to-date in emerging trends in software development, advocating for their adoption where and when appropriate.
- Create technical documentation as required.
Other Job Information
Travel of up to 10% may be required.
Education and Work Experience:
- University degree or College diploma in Computer Science/Computer Programming or equivalent, required.
- 2+ years developing in C++, C#, required.
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies (MFC, .NET, WINForms), required.
- Experience developing in Visual Studio environment, required.
- Experience working in JIRA or other software issue tracking tool, required.
- Experience utilizing source version control software (Git an asset), required.
Knowledge and Technical Skill:
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, an asset.
- Knowledge of geosciences or experience with Geosoft product line (Oasis montaj, Target, Extensions for ArcGIS, GMSYS 2D/3D, Near Surface, VOXI, GXDeveloper, etc.), an asset.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and contribute to the improvement of existing software.
- Ability to participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness, and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Self-motivated and well organized with a strong commitment to quality and an excellent eye for detail.
- Results oriented, excellent problem solving and strong Customer focus.
- Demonstrated commitment to tracking and communicating progress of assigned tasks in Agile stand-ups.
- Demonstrated foresight, and good engineering judgment in anticipating and solving various engineering problems.
- Ability to apply software testing methodologies and techniques to implement automated testing for implemented functions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues.
- Ability to effectively understand and implement software solutions as outlined by the Lead Architect or Senior Developer, within expected timeframes and with the expected level of quality.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com with the subject header Software Developer, CRG.
Closing date for applications: July 20, 2018.