We free geoscientists to explore and make discoveries.
Customer Success Manager, Mineral Exploration
Full Time, Permanent
In 1982, Canadian earth scientists Colin Reeves and Ian MacLeod saw the potential for personal computers to transform the work of geophysics and exploration. From this early vision Geosoft was established in 1986. More than 30 years later, the company remains focused on the geosciences and exploration- delivering earth science services and technology solutions, across desktop, server and Internet platforms.
For more information on working at Geosoft, please see "Life at Geosoft".
Job Title: Customer Success Manager, Mineral Exploration (MinEx)
Team: Customer Services
Location: Perth, Australia
Reports To: Director, Customer Services
- Engage a Global Team of Geosoft technical resources to manage, communicate and execute on a MinEx focused adoption and retention strategy. Promote maximum value from the customers' investment in Geosoft, aiming for full utilization of their Geosoft Services.
- Lead segment related best practices and contribute to thought leadership in the segment.
- Network within key accounts from the C-Level down in order to achieve successful execution of the customer's goals.
- Create and leverage digital onboarding and learn/use programs to deliver customer value by supporting adoption and ongoing use of Geosoft Services.
- Manage, track, coordinate and execute technical segment strategies while ensuring all customer service activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the customer.
- Identify new opportunities and collaborate with Account Executive team to support growth attainment and increased value of our customers.
- Deliver software offerings demonstrations and training, using existing training materials and tailoring sessions to meet the needs of the customers involved.
- Keep customers informed of new functionality and enhancements to support adoption of new releases.
- Be a customer advocate and key contributor to a segment focused team of sales, marketing and product management to refine and improve our solutions offerings and capabilities in the segment.
- Coordinate and communicate typical technical challenges of the customer and their common objectives to develop, refine and improve our solution offerings and capabilities.
- Monitor software usage to establish patterns and themes used to support program/plays and offerings/service engagement and improvement.
- Support the development of a customer health metrics using a combination of customer software usage, support and issues, financial and other indicators consolidated in a Customer Success Management toolkit.
- Provide effective technical mentoring of the local technical team.
- As a MinEx subject matter expert, engage with the marketplace to enhance Geosoft’s brand and value within Australasia.
- Provide internal technical training on new releases and new offerings or enhancements.
- Assist with the creation of technical notes and the development of training materials.
- Log software bugs and feature requests in our Issue Management System in a timely and accurate manner.
- Continually increase knowledge of Geosoft and associated software and industry trends, through attending internal and external educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks and participating in industry-related organizations and conferences.
Other Job Information
The CSM – MinEx role requires the appropriate technical and business capabilities to the extent that opportunities can be identified when interacting with customers. The position also requires regular updating of technical skills to keep up with Geosoft and partner technologies and end user needs. Up to 20% travel (national and international) will be required.
Education and Work Experience
- Post secondary education in Geology or Geophysics is required.
- A minimum of five years’ field experience is required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience using Geosoft software is required.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- In-depth understanding of exploration techniques and workflows, required.
- Ability to act as key technical contributor to the development and execution of account strategy and plans in collaboration with our Account Executives and other regional technical resources as required to ensure that the customer’s goals are met in the context of our engagement.
- Intermediate knowledge of Salesforce.com, an asset.
- Working knowledge of Confluence and JIRA, an asset.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, with the ability to formulate objectives and implements plans consistent with Geosoft's long term interests in a global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and nurture key relationships with technical leads and technical influencers within customer organizations to ensure that Geosoft remains aware of and sensitive to the customer’s technical needs, goals and direction.
- Strong negotiation and influence skills, involving key stakeholders in the development of processes and action plans to ensure that the final approach reflects their insights and has the commitment of all.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and collaborative work approaches with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and mentor team members, consistently setting and modeling high performance standards characterized by integrity.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively articulate his/her position and help others understand the underlying issues and concerns.