Focused on advancing earth exploration, since 1986. The Geosoft Story
Full Time, Permanent
For more information on working at Geosoft, please see the Careers page of our website at http://www.geosoft.com/company/careers/.
Job Title: Automation Developer
Team: Research and Development
Location: Toronto, Canada
Reports To: Manager, Build and Automation
The Automation Developer will be responsible for designing, developing and rolling out automation processes throughout Geosoft’s development activities using a variety of platforms and tools. This position requires working closely with Quality Assurance, the Customer Response Group, and other departments to ensure that test creation and results align with stakeholders’ expectations. Other key responsibilities include mentoring co-op students and looking for creative ways to improve the automation process—whether through code or through hardware adjustments. Taking initiative in general and ownership of the automation space in particular is absolutely critical in this position.
This role requires an innovative and analytical individual who is open to learning new technologies in line with the Geosoft’s future strategies. They need to be willing to multitask and collaborate across all teams and environments and work in an Agile environment.
- Create and maintain functional automated tests, using C++, C#, scripting languages, and automation tools (Ranorex).
- Mentoring co-op students on the Build and Automation Team
- Analyze, document and communicate testing results including defect analysis to senior stakeholders.
- Develop automated and manual test cases, perform functional testing including regression, localization, performance, stress, security and usability.
- Develop and execute test plans, strategies, schedules, status reports and test summary reports as required.
- Participate in project sprint planning, execution, testing and release using agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with other developers, QA, Customer Response Group and support teams as required.
- Embrace and enhance established software testing best practices, methodologies and standards of the QA team.
- Create technical documentation as required.
- Identify potential areas for improvement in current methodologies.
- Continually increase knowledge of industry trends.
Other Job Information
Travel of up to 10% may be required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or other relevant post-secondary education required.
- Minimum of 2 years quality assurance and software testing experience required.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Intermediate level skills with customer-server frameworks and web technologies, required.
- Intermediate skills with the use of multiple Windows platforms, required.
- Intermediate understanding of software development and testing methodologies (white box and black box testing, regression testing, load/stress testing, performance) using manual and automated testing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to apply software testing methodologies and techniques, exhibiting strong exploratory testing and context driven test concepts, required.
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring that new product functionality complies with predefined QA standards, required.
- Ability to use statistical techniques to interpret data and analyze results to define process improvements, required.
- Intermediate understanding of Automation tools (Ranorex, Selenium, QTP), required.
- Intermediate understanding of test case management applications and Q.A. workflows associated with the application, in the context of reporting and process management, required.
- Intermediate level skills in JIRA and Confluence, required.
- Intermediate level skills with version control software (TFS, GIT) required.
- Experience with cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure or AWS an asset.
- Experience with mobile development environments: iOS, BlackBerry, Android, an asset.
- Experience with build tools (Bamboo, MSBuild) and/or continuous integration tools an asset.
- Experience with Zephyr for ArcGIS/ZAPI an asset.
- Experience with virtualization and distributed frameworks an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Geosoft product line (Oasis montaj, Target, Extensions for ArcGIS, GMSYS 2D/3D, Near Surface, VOXI, VALEM etc.), a definite asset.
- Flexible, collaborative approach with a positive and professional attitude.
- Critical and creative thinking skills with a strong technical aptitude and a passion for making things better for our customers.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and APIs.
- Self-motivated and well organized approach with a strong commitment to quality and an excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com with the subject header Automation Developer.
Closing date for applications: June 22, 2018.