Commitment to Accessiblity
Geosoft Inc. is committed to provide our goods and services to persons with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity.
This policy extends to the provision of goods and services at the premises operated by Geosoft Inc., located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The section of this policy that addresses the use of guide dogs, service animals and service dogs only applies to the provision of goods and services that take place on Geosoft Inc. premises.
This policy shall also apply to all persons who participate in the development of Geosoft Inc.’s policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods and services to members of the public or third parties. See Geosoft’s
The definition of a disability as applicable under the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disability Act may be found in the Ontario Human Rights Code. This is a condensed version:
- Any degree of physical infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness
- A condition of mental impairment or disorder, a developmental or learning dysfunction.
- Examples include: Impaired vision or hearing, paralysis, reliance on guide dog, wheel chair or other assistance devices.
Access to Products and Services
Geosoft Inc. will make every reasonable effort to ensure that our policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- Ensuring that all persons receive the same value and quality;
- Allowing persons with disabilities to do things in their own ways, at their own pace when accessing goods and services as long as this does not present a safety risk;
- Using alternative methods when possible to ensure that persons with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner;
- Taking into account individual needs when providing goods and services; and
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the person's disability.
Guide Dogs, Service Animals and Service Dogs
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a guide dog, service animal or service dog will be allowed access to Geosoft Inc. premises unless otherwise excluded by law. “No pet” policies do not apply to guide dogs, service animals and/or service dogs.
If a health and safety concern presents itself, for example in the form of a severe allergy to the animal, Geosoft Inc. will make all reasonable efforts to meet the needs of all individuals.
If a person with a disability is accompanied by a support person, Geosoft Inc. will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and that the person with the disability is not prevented from having access to the support person.
Notice of Disruption in Services
In the event of a service disruption, Geosoft will take reasonable steps to report such disruption in a timely fashion through appropriate information channels. Such channels include, but are not limited to, Geosoft’s, postings and/or communication via email. The required information necessary for any communication of a temporary disruption may include: The time, date and location of the disruption; Information about the reason for the disruption; Anticipated duration of the disruption; and Descriptions of alternative facilities or services, if any.
Geosoft will endeavor to provide any document, or the information contained in the document, in a format that takes the person's disability into account.
Personal assistive devices are permitted in all Geosoft Canada offices except when subject to operator safety. Geosoft will train its current and future employees, volunteers and contract trainers on the use of various assistive devices as required. It should be noted that the provision, use and safety of personal assistive devices is the responsibility of the person with a disability.
Geosoft Inc. accepts feedback from anyone who has a concern about our Accessibility Program. Feedback may be submitted in writing, via our website, by email, or by telephone to our Contract Administration Manager. Please direct your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416 369 0111, extension 333.