Empowering earth explorers from data to discovery. More
The Latest News
Geosoft at-a Glance
In 1982, Canadian earth scientists Colin Reeves and Ian MacLeod saw the potential for personal computers to transform the work of geophysics and exploration. From this early vision Geosoft Inc. was established in 1986. More than 25 years later, the company remains focused on exploration and the earth sciences - delivering services and technology solutions, across desktop, server and Internet platforms.
With offices across five continents, and a network of international business partners, Geosoft serves thousands of organisations, including government geological surveys and agencies; educational institutions teaching the earth sciences; and the most successful oil and mineral explorers in the world. Geosoft has been ranked as a Top 150 Technology Company, and one of the Ten Best Workplaces in Canada.
Earth scientists explore and make discoveries through data. Geosoft’s mission is to make the explorer data experience simple, natural and powerful. Our promise is less time spent handling data and more freedom to explore.
We provide software for mapping and modelling the Earth’s subsurface, and technology for managing large exploration datasets:
- Desktop Mapping and Modelling Software - Oasis montaj, Target, GM-SYS
- ArcGIS Extensions - Target for ArcGIS, Geochemistry for ArcGIS
- Server Technology - DAP Server
Geosoft solutions advance exploration of the Earth's subsurface. We provide solutions for exploration industries, government and the earth sciences, specialising in: earth mapping, earth modelling, GIS mapping, exploration information management and unexploded ordnance (UXO) detection.
- In Business Since: 1986
- Employees: 125
- Customers: Over 5,000, in over 100 countries
- Headquartered in: Toronto, Canada
- Worldwide Offices: North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Australasia
- Corporate: Privately held, Employee owned
- Financials: Zero-debt company with consistent annual revenue growth
- Research and Development: 20% of revenues invested in R&D every year